May 25, 2020: Scent Work classes to resume
Scent Work classes are in the process of restarting! I am looking forward to welcoming clients back with CYDT’s COVID-19 Action Plan in place to include Provincial and WorkSafeBC guidelines for public health and safety.
Here’s a list of some of the changes to scent work classes:
- Scent work classes will include in-person and online components
- Class will be divided into time slots to minimize the number of people on site and reduce the amount of time you are here
- Class may take place indoors or outdoor, and if indoors, only one dog/handler at a time will come into the training area with me
- If searching indoors, there will be no observers from within the building but I may provide a recording of class searches in an online forum for you to view at your convenience
- For now the washroom will not be available, but you won’t be on site for long and can leave once your turn is finished.
- Handwashing and/or hand sanitizing stations will be available
- I have amped up the already thorough cleaning/disinfecting routine
- Physical distancing will be practiced at all times – a minimum of 2m apart, but encourage even more distance
- At this time masks are a personal choice, but even with a mask, physical distancing must still be practiced at all times.
Clients with prepaid classes that were postponed back in March are the first ones back to class. I will be emailing everyone on my notification list once I have dates for new scent work classes to begin. If you are not already on my notification list and would like to be added, please feel free to PM your name and email address, or contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart, for your patience and continued support. I have missed everyone and their dogs and look forward to seeing you again soon!
MARCH 18, 2020: Classes postponed until further notice
In the interest of public health and safety, all in-person classes are on hold and the training facility remains closed. Thank you for your support and understanding as we all do our part to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.