1. Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. Your space in a class can only be reserved once we have payment. Classes are subject to minimum enrollment and may be cancelled or rescheduled if the minimum number of students is not met.
2. All fees are non-refundable. If a student elects to miss a class, that class cannot be made up at a different time. Students may not transfer to a different session once their session has begun. Dogs that are not feeling well must stay home, but owners may still attend class.
3. Classes are not held on long weekends or holidays. Cassie Young Dog Training occasionally hosts special events, such as sanctioned trials, that may require your class to be differed by a week. We will provide each student with a schedule of classes on the first lesson, which will include any postponed classes.
4. Class may be rescheduled due to severe weather, dangerous road conditions or instructor availability. In such a case, students will be advised by email or telephone and a make-up class will be scheduled.
5. Dogs must not be aggressive or pose a threat to people or to other dogs. Dogs must be healthy, vaccinated/titred and free from contagious disease.
6. It is at the instructor’s discretion to remove a dog and owner from class if the dog or owner’s behavior is disruptive or dangerous to other dogs/students. Pro-rated fees will be refunded less a processing fee of $50.
7. Handlers must be at least 12 years of age. Handlers under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
8. If a dog/handler’s skill level is noticeably below that of the published pre-requisite for the class and requires additional individual attention, it is at the instructor’s discretion to give the owner an alternative class that would be better aligned with the dog and owner’s skill level.
9. Classes may run shorter than published depending on the number of dogs in class. It is at the instructor’s discretion to end a class earlier if the dogs are fatigued.
10. Retractable leashes are not permitted in class.
11. Prong collars, choke chains, e-collars and any tools or devices designed to inflict discomfort on a dog are not permitted.